The Recital Made Easy-
1. Come for a good time on time :) The recital is Saturday, December 16, 2023. The recital will begin promptly at the designated time--please arrive at least 15 minutes early and check in with a Giacoletti Team Member on the patio. Doors will open 10 minutes prior to the recital. Students will sit with their families. The recital will be at the Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium at the Dove Library in Carlsbad: 1775 Dove Lane, Carlsbad, CA 92011
2. Dress for success-"Recital Attire" or "Christmas Sweater". For "Recital Attire" please choose slacks, button down, neck tie, nice shoes for gentlemen, and knee length or longer dress/skirt, covered shoulders, and flats for the ladies. For "Christmas Sweater" please choose a festive sweater outfit. As always, please mind the length of dresses and skirts to provide modesty while seated on stage. High heels should be avoided.
3. Students may bring up to 8 guests, including the performer. If you need more seats, please reach out. All families are expected to stay for the entire length of the recital, which is planned to be 1 hour.
4. Appropriate performance protocol: Walk onto the stage and take a bow as the audience claps to welcome the performer to the stage. Student plays the piece and bows after the performance and audience claps again. Student exits the stage.
5. Bring your books, even if you are playing from memory. It's a good habit to always be prepared.
6. While not required, it is customary for students to receive flowers from friends and family after a performance.
7. Please plan to stay for a little bit after the recital to congratulate performers and teachers on the patio, where we will enjoy light refreshments.
8. If your last name ends with A-M please bring a packaged sweet treat to share, and if your last name ends with N-Z please bring a salty or savory packaged treat to share, ie. an 8 pack of individually wrapped cookies or crackers/chips.
9. We are so excited to enjoy all of our student's successes at the recital this year! Thank you for reading to the bottom--you are appreciated! And because you are so fabulous, text us "read it" for a chance at a prize! 🎉🎶😃