Recital Made Easy--Please read to the end
1. Come for a good time on time :) The recitals will begin promptly at the designated time--please arrive at least 15 minutes early and check in with a Giacoletti Team Member on the patio. Doors will open 10 minutes before the start time. Students will sit with their families. The 45th Annual Summer Recital will be at The Dove Library, 1775 Dove Lane, Carlsbad, CA 92011, on Saturday, July 15th, 2023.
2. Dress for success-"Recital Attire" or "Hawaiian Print": For "Recital Attire" please choose slacks, button down, neck tie, nice shoes for gentlemen, and knee length or longer dress/skirt, covered shoulders, and flats for the ladies. For "Hawaiian Print" please choose a Hawaiian print shirt or outfit. As always, please mind the length of dresses and skirts to provide modesty while seated on stage.
3. Students may bring up to 10 guests. If you need more seats, please reach out.
4. Appropriate performance protocol: Walk onto the stage and take a bow as the audience claps to welcome the performer to the stage. Student plays their piece and bows after the performance and audience claps again. Students exit the stage.
5. Bring your books, even if you are playing from memory. It's a good habit to always be prepared.
6. While not required, it is customary for students to receive flowers from friends and family after a performance.
7. Please plan to stay for a little bit after the recital to congratulate performers and teachers on the patio, where we will enjoy light refreshments. If your last name ends with A-M please bring a packaged sweet treat to share, and if your it ends with N-Z please bring a salty or savory packaged treat to share.
8. Students who participated in the Piano Guild Auditions will receive their awards on stage at the end of the recital.